Friday, September 10, 2010

Today is my 2nd newest grandson's 4th birthday!

We haven't even known each other for a year yet.  I think we met sometimes last October...maybe it was November 3rd...for Papa's birthday....I would have to go back and look at the Calendar.  You were so shy...not letting go of Mommy at all...staying on her lap.  You were only three and a couple of months and so unsure of these people you never met.  I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you.  Over the next few months I really did wonder if you'd ever really warm up to us.  Going to see daddy race every week...that helped break some of the ice.  And when you fell and skinned your knee at the races you let me hold you and comfort you.  My heart almost burst!  I saw you get more and more comfortable with the other kids...even making S you best friend...you love him so much!  My ipod helped a lot too...you love that thing and Nana makes sure she has all the fun games and movies loaded on it to keep you happy.  Now when you see me and Papa you come running...you freely give hugs (no kisses - but you are a boy!) You are happy to see us anytime.  You are a wonderful big brother to LM and I love to watch you when you hug and kiss him.  We celebrated your birthday with a family party last Monday night....your's and daddy's.  Today is your time to celebrate with Mommy's side of the family and I bet you are having a blast!  Tomorrow is the big party at PIU and I can't wait to see you have so much fun (and taking lots and lots of pictures!)  And I look forward to spending time with you the whole year to come...you have become a part of my heart and I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.