Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Grandson's 14th Birthday

Today is C's birthday.  He turned 14.  I know, I know, we all say, "where did the time go?"  But really....how is it he's 14?  I became a Nana at the age of 40.  The first one in my peer group.  The circumstances of his birth were that his parents were unmarried and weren't sure if they ever would marry.  Because of my faith and my experiences before this...I really thought I'd probably reject my child if they'd ever had sex outside of marriage or even worse...came up pregnant.  How naive I was.  This was my son, and we were going to support him and her through this no matter what it took.  That got a lot of different responses from the church people.  Mostly I think they just wished I wouldn't be so open and excited about it.  But this was a baby!  My first grandchild.  How he came into the world didn't change the fact that he was indeed coming into this world.  And he needed to be loved.  He needed a two parent, intact family.  And this became our mission.  And now....14 years later...he is in a loving, stable, two-parent, intact family.  A lot of the credit goes to J and A....but I think that G and I had a lot to do with that....and of course I don't think any of us would be here if we hadn't trusted the Lord with our feelings, our decisions and our responses to our children.  Lord, THANK YOU for the gift of C.  I love being his Nana and I wouldn't have wanted this journey to turn out any other way!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.