Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a new Grandson!

So far the only thing I can tell that he has of me are my hands.  Long fingers.  Like my own mother's.  I was hoping to see my eyes, but no - he has M's eyes.  Nose?  To soon to tell...but probably J's...from his daddy's side of the family.  Mouth?  Well it sure is cute and he make so many faces.  He smiles when he's dreaming....I know they say newborns can't smile...and it's probably not on purpose...but it sure is cute!  That is one of my goals...to get a close up photo of this amazing smile!  He is very alert when awake and is already on a 3 hour feeding schedule.  I have managed to see him at least every other day...which is something I was wondering if I would be able to do.  M has been wonderful.  At first I thought that I would have to compete with her mom....and the first week that is exactly what it seemed to be.   But I decided not to be jealous and not to let it get to me. 

So let me tell the birth story.....

They broke her water at 9:20 a.m. Sunday the 15th.  She immediately went into labor and didn't need any assistance after that.  After the first two hours she went form 2 to 5 and put in her order for an epidural.  I have to say that she was a trooper...those contractions got to be very intense and painful.  I thought that after her kidney stone pain that she'd hardly even feel contractions...but I was wrong.  She felt them and they were intense!  After the epdural she was so calm and content.  Her contractions were quite substantial and she had a picture perfect pattern going.  They told her they would wait until she felt the urge to push and then check her again.  (There was one other mom in the birthing center having her baby - we were sharing the same Doctor.)  So they checked M again around 4...she was at 10!  But she wasn't having the urge to push so as long as she was comfortable they decided to get the other baby delivered first.  But being she was a 1st time mom...it wasn't going as fast as they expected.  So then they decided to deliver M first....so they kicked all of us out of the room (except for M's mom and sister and J) and had her start pushing.  She pushed for 7 minutes and there he was!  Our LMB born at 6:15 p.m. on August 15th.  I snuck out of the waiting room and stood outside the door listening for his cry...but all was quiet.  As soon as they finished stiching her (small epesiotomy) I got to go in.  He was laying on her chest with his eyes wide open and totally quiet.  Of course I started shooting photos right away!  No one had gotten to hold him yet...not even J.  That selfishly made me kinda happy because I was afraid I'd be the last to hold him!  I was able to get a photo of the 1st time J held him....so sweet.  We stayed for a few hours and then left to hopefully let them get some rest.  L and M were in the hospital for 2 days...he came home on the 17th.  They were a little worried about him because he seemed a little too relaxed and sleepy.  On Monday the did his little circucision...he was a trooper...the Dr said he slept through it. 

He is the cutest...he has long fingers and big feet.  Really chubby cheeks....and he's ticklish on his back.  He makes the cutest faces...his expression is constantly changing.  He is able to wear newborn clothes...but probably not for more than another week.  They are going to be too short for him.

We are headed to see him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.