Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today is another AWESOME day!

One of the reasons why I started this blog was to remember my thoughts and feelings while anticipating the birth of my 10th and 1st grandchild.  10th because he will be the 10th but 1st because he will be the first that I am related to by blood and therefore the 1st one that will have some of me in him.  And now....I get to celebrate the 11th!!!!  We went out to dinner for S's 24th birthday party and as we were leaving....actually started the car and waiting to drive away......G and S came up to the jeep and said we couldn't leave yet because they had something to tell us.  So we got out of the car and waited....then G - with a little bit of panic in his eyes - said, "S's pregnant."  Just one sentence that changed our lives forever...well...and theirs too!  G is still in shock...hasn't quite figured out what comes next....but I know he will be an awesome dad....and I told him so.  We told them we would be there for them no matter what and whatever they needed.  She has her first Dr appointment tomorrow morning and G is going with her so they are starting off on the right foot. 

When I asked her when she found out she said that a conversation that we'd had a couple of weeks ago got her to thinking she better take a test.  We were driving over to the coast together because her car had been repo'd (bummer) and they had taken it all the way to Grover Beach?!!!  Anyhow...somehow the conversation turned to birth control and ooops baby's etc....so I told her the story of how I was on birth control and even into my 4th month when I finally put all the pieces together and realized I was pregnant with J.  I told her how I didn't have morning sickness .... I was just exhausted.  Could hardly stay awake and had starting gaining some weight.  I guess S realized that she was experiencing a lot of the same symptoms...so she took a test the next day.  And the rest is history!  Of course she told her whole family and A knew a whole week before we did!!!  She wanted G to tell us so it took him that much time to get up the nerve....I don't get it....I am not a scary person...but they all have such a hard time breaking the news to us. 

We are 4 for 4.  All 4 sons have put the cart before the horse.  I don't know why.  All I know is that I am going to love my children and grandchildren wholly and unconditionally and leave the rest up to the Lord.  Some of them have been more successful than others....I can only pray that this new baby will bring G and S to a place of love and committment and marriage.  Because that is what is best for this new little one....

How did I get to be so lucky....I have more family now than I could have dreamed of when I was a little girl.....and I am filled with joy.  When people ask if God can make something good out of something meant for evil....a little girl that was used, abused and was told she would never amount to anything.....to now...God restored me and gave me a new family who love and support me from thousands of miles away...God made me a wife to a man who loves me unconditionally...a mother of 4 strong sons....and increased my family to 9....going on 10....going on 11 grandchildren. 

Thank You Lord!  Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.