Saturday, July 3, 2010

I want to remember....

I am about to have my 10th...and 1st grandchild.  I will explain...

I married my husband 27 years ago and along with him...I also inherited his two sons. They were 3 and 6 when we were married and I love them just as if they were my own.  My husband and I had 2 more sons.  The two older have had 8 children between them and 6 of them are boys and 2 are girls.  They are my heart and my purpose.  I love them and love being a grandparent...called Nana.  But...now my youngest is having a child with his fiance and is also inheriting a son.  So out of 9 grandchildren...the one that is due will be the very first that I can look in his face and wonder if he has anything of me in him.  I am so quick to notice the things that are familiar in my grandchildren .... things I remember from their fathers or their uncles.  But this one...will he have my nose? (I hope not) my hands? my laugh? my eyes?  Of course we just have to wait and see until the next weeks unfold...

I want to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.