Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Time with the grandkids

Last night G and I got to spend the evening with J & M and JJ.  I helped M and her friend fold baby clothes, hang them and put them away.  What a joy to help!  I had so much fun and I am so grateful that M lets me participate and share in this.  It means soooo much!

Today I got to have E, S, A and KS for the afternoon and evening.  What fun they can be...and what work!  My  A is diagnosed with ADHD and EDD and Attachment Disorder...this may sound horrible but the positive is that she is off the charts smart.  She is quick to talk back and today told me that she was going to "kick my butt!"  I wanted to laugh...but I did put her in timeout.  I love her to pieces and am so proud of J and A as they work with her to develop her personality so that she can cope in the "real world."  And I am convinced that she will do well...and I am so thankful she is ours.  What if she ended up with some other family who didn't care or punished her for things beyond her control?  What if they lost patience and abused her.  As difficult as it may be in the future...with all of us working as a team along with her couselors...she is in the best place she could be.  And my KS...she's become a climber...climbing onto the kitchen table and then crying because she can't get down.  Baby gates are probably only going to be a temporary solution...she's gonna figure them out really fast!  And the doggie door...she loves to go out the doggie door...and ends up outside unsupervised....and her little bow legged walk...I can't get enough of how cute she is!  She jabbers as if she is having a real conversation...on and on...I guess she knows what she's saying!   And tonight I get E and S overnight...S's idea...I don't mind...but I'm hoping they go to sleep soon! 

Anyhow...I enjoy spending time with them and I want them to know how much I love them and want to be a part of their everyday lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.