Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Friends...

Because of major life changes in the past two years I have had to leave behind the old...close doors I never thought I'd have to...say goodbye to people who I thought would be friends forever....not because of choices that we made...but choices others made for us.  Not to place blame...we all make choices that affect others and cause their life journey to change...

Once...while lamenting my loss of "friends" in a conversation I then said..."but...I can count 5 friends that have stayed by my side...5 who love me and accept the new situation I am in....5 who have stood beside me and chosen to continue this journey with me..."  Then it dawned on me...anybody who can say they have 5 friends, 3 who have know me for over 23 years...I AM BLESSED!  So...thank you...thank you to the 5 of you who have honored the closed doors...but have opened new ones that encompass my new realities.  Thank you for your love, support and committment...thank you for your prayers and hugs.  Thank you for caring about what's important to me.  And thank you for still loving and supporting the one small piece of my heart that will always be missing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me your comments and/or questions.